The Home Centre Process
The Home Centre has remained true to its name over the years, offering complete solutions to just about every housing need. The complete experience includes the listing and selling of your current home, partnered with the design, planning and construction of your future home.
Full turn-key Service – At The Home Centre, our own site supervisor can oversee the entire home building process. Included in your purchase are site visits as well as sub-contractor consultations. Whether we’re handling a complete turn-key project, or only portions of it, you can be assured that your home buying experience will be as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Land location service – The Home Centre has access to both land-lease sites in LaHave Heights (suitable for both Mini-Homes and Modular Homes), as well as large county sites located in Westside Estates, Wileville and in Waterloo, NS. Holm Realty`s Ltd. licensed Real Estate Broker can help locate a building site for your home in a setting of your choosing.
The Home Centre`s consultants can assist you in obtaining financing for your new home. We are one stop shopping and work closely with many different lenders. The Home Centre checks with all the major lending institutions on an ongoing basis to make sure we have the best up-to-date financing alternatives available to our clients. We can help you determine what you qualify for so you only spend your time looking at homes that are within your budget.
Working with a Home Centre consultant means you have more control over the entire process with one contact to guide you through the sale of your current home, right through to move in of your new DREAM HOME!
How to come home in 6 simple steps
We spare you the stress traditionally associated with the site-build process, and we know you’ll actually be smiling every step of the way. You’re 7 simple steps away from your Kent Home.
1. Discuss your plans with The Home Centre: Reach out to us to request a comprehensive price quotation on your design of choice, or arrange to meet with us in person! Your Home Centre Consultant is a great listener and will help you get the most home for your money.
2. Review your site: We’ll visit your site (or help you find one) to ensure the best plan and positioning. Our turn-key service can manage well, septic, excavation, driveway and landscaping, and acts on your behalf as project manager.
3. Simple initial deposit structure: 10% at time of order, 80% at delivery , which can be arranged with your lender if you are financing.
4. Check “site prep” off your to-do list: From well and septic projects to excavating and pouring foundation, we work on site preparation concurrently to building, so your home is ready sooner.
5. Move in: On “closing” your final balance is due, and we guide you through the new home orientation. We’ll review all the features of your Kent Home, plus leave you with a Homeowner’s Manual and best-in-industry warranties on workmanship and structure.
6. Call us if you need us: 1-year-workmanship and 10-year structural warranties give you best-in-industry guarantees for your new home. Our After-Sales Service will help with anything from home maintenance to additions and upgrades down the road. We have nearly 40 years of home building experience. Rest assured, if ever you need us, we’ll be there.